So I think now is as good a time as any to update you on my life in The House and boy do I have some stories to tell you!
I hate living in The House. Wait, that sounds tremendously unfair, because I don’t hate every aspect, but I hate more aspects than I love, hell even like. So I present you a list – because if there is one thing we love here at Strings of Thoughts it is lists! – of things I hate about living in The House. And not just any list, but a list divided into topics.
The Bathroom Situation:
- I hate that the toilet is running and I need to double check whenever I flush if it still works.
- I hate that someone – I totally know who! – doesn’t know how to use the shower curtain so that when I step into the bathroom my socks get soaked.
- I hate that the fan doesn’t work so I have to leave the door open after I take a shower.
- I hate that I have to wait for other people to be done using the bathroom before I can use the bathroom. I want to be able to brush my teeth whenever I want, dammit!
- I hate that when I want to shower in the mornings it is not always possible because someone else might be in the shower.
- I hate the the lights in the bathroom is automatic, so if I take a long shower I have to move out from behind the shower curtain for the light to turn back on.
The Kitchen Situation:
- I hate that I only have one shelf in the fridge and that the person I using the shelf above migrate his food to my self because I don’t have a tendency to overstuff the fridge.
- I hate that I can’t leave my dishes for more than half a day with out feeling guilty for making a mess of the kitchen.
- I hate that people don’t know how to clean up after using the kitchen.
- I hate that I have a tiny cabinet and I have to stack my food glasses and plates in messy piles just to fit it all in there.
- I hate that the others sometimes make smelly food.
- I hate that I have to be social if I am in the kitchen at the same time as the others because it is a common area.
- I hate that the bin is always full and that nobody seems to empty it until it is too late.
- I hate that the people downstairs just uses out kitchen when they feel like it because they only have small kitchenettes in their rooms without ovens.
The Overall House Situation:
- I hate that people don’t seem to care whether or not the front door is locked or not.
- I hate that I can’t blast music when I feel like it because I have to be considerate.
- I hate that my room is across from the bathroom, because I can hear people in the hallway at different times throughout the day and night.
- I hate that everyone knows when I am coming and going.
But most of all, I hate how the internet never seems to work and on the rare occasion that it does work it is slower than the internet I’m currently using in the train! I can go without working internet for a couple of days. I’ve done so before, so no big deal, but when the internet doesn’t work properly for over a week, I get frustrated. So frustrated. Thank heavens that I’m moving out before we hit 2014.
In general I feel like I have a “housemate agreement” that I follow, but no one else seem to follow. And when I make amendments and changes to accommodate them they just ignore everything and make me feel like Sheldon.