I have lost my dignity. Yes, I do realise that it probably happened a long time ago but I just realised myself. If you find it please return it to me.
Here are some suggestion as to where I might have lost it:
- When I began resenting people with actual jobs!
This has actually happened, and it is so sad. I am so much better than being jealous at people with jobs – but then again – apparently not!
- The week where Saturdays turned into watching music from when Elvis was alive on TV with my dad, and me picking up my drunk mother in the middle of the night after a pop concert. (Jump back wild child!)
- When the most exciting thing in my life became the answer to the question “What’s for dinner?”
- When I forgot that such a thing as a Friday bar existed.
- When I skipped out on Oscar night because of work the next morning.
I feel beyond the point of resurrection – so go, go save yourself.
Because I no longer work well with little sleep – I used to – now I need more sleep than my grandparents. Run, run as if you were chased by the monster that hides under your bed.